About Aphrodite Kinks
Aphrodite: Goddess of Love & Beauty, amongst other titles
Kinks: Hair in its natural state; full of natural curls,coils,and spirals.
Put the two together you get Aphrodite Kinks!
A place where one can appreciate naturality. Love, Beauty & Kinks of course!
Welcome to Aphrodite Kinks, hope that you will enjoy your time here learning all things love, beauty, and kinks of course.
Aphrodite Kinks, a bit self explanatory but here it goes….On my journey, transitioning from permed hair to natural hair, I enlighten you about some of my own transitioning ups and downs. I also provide you with information to keep your hair healthy. Natural hair is about embracing your natural kinks and loving you.
Now about my hair! I was a transitioning natural; my last chemical treatment was March 31, 2011. So, I guess you can say that I transitioned since then. I don’t remember the actual day I decided I wanted to go natural, but there was just something about it I just fell in love with. Why I went natural you may ask? Well here’s the low down:
1) Many of my younger cousins whom I grew up with as sisters have remained natural and seeing them with their natural hair made me see how beautiful it is.
2) Good Hair by Chris Rock!!! This movie/documentary opened my eyes to a lot of things. You have to see it to understand.
3) Comparisons of the health of my hair throughout the 7 years my hair was chemically relaxed. (It was BAD!)
4) Curiosity to see my hair texture after so many years. Plus I have always loved curly hair.
5) Naptural85 KimmayTube & CurlyNikki. I did my research saw their hair and just fell in love.
All of these pretty much helped me to proceed into my 11 month transition(Yes, like many I was terrified of short hair). Finally, the day came and I did my BC(Big Chop) on March 16, 2012, YAY!! . Oh, and I have been falling in love with my hair ever since. Check me out 5 months kinkalicious…
You too can learn to love your natural kinks…..so why not now! Hope that I can help inspire as well as aid you along your own journeys.
Hope you all enjoy!